Wednesday, February 23, 2011

COLORS FINALLY!!!! (And some brainstorming)

So, after a month and a half of engagement, three different color palettes, and endless conversations (mostly with myself, Randy just watching) we have finally chosen colors.  And the winner is...

BLACK WHITE AND YELLOW!!!

We are SO excited about this color palette (by we I mean me... Randy thinks it's pretty cool too though).  The whole time we were going back and forth about colors, this palette just kept standing out in my head.  And I kept thinking that since I wanted a laid back, rustic wedding it just wouldn't work.  But then (at the VOW bridal expo this past weekend) I decided that it was just too perfect for us to let that change it!  In trying to figure out how I am going to use these colors and still keep my casual, country wedding I kept stopping at certain pictures, and decided that LEMONS would be a great way to do that!

 
Another idea  I had for making the wedding still "rustic" was to use mason jars.  I really do love the way they look, and it reminds me of being in college, when I would carry most of my drinks in mason jars (I was really cool like that and I think a lot of my college friends could relate).  Here's a really cute mason jar idea that I liked:



No comments:

Post a Comment